Guest blogger Megan reviews Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel
|I’ve struggled with poor skin since middle school, and only recently has its condition drastically improved thanks to a low-dose birth control. I was so, so thankful to have zero zits for the first time in my life– I felt like I actually looked my age!– but after switching to an even lower dose birth control (the goal is to come off of it completely ), the pimples that once scarred my chin and cheeks have now resurfaced. Ugh! If you’ve ever suffered from any form of acne, be it a few blackheads on your nose or extrememly painful, cystic acne, you know how much of a toll it can take on your self-esteem. My mission lately has been finding a new, vegan facial cleanser, because before my BC switch, I had yet to vegan-ize my beauty regime. In lieu of a cleanser, I’ve been scrubbing my face with a hot wash cloth twice a day, which I do not advise now. It just seemed to irritate my already inflamed skin. Instead, I highly recommend Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel! Here are all the wonderful reasons why:
- The smell! Has anyone noticed yet that if it don’t smell good, I ain’t buying it?! This cleanser smells like a creamsickle, which is so nice first thing in the morning. It’s zesty, zingy, and bright! I imagine that as someone was peeling a big, fat, gorgeous orange, someone else was standing by to bottle up all those yummy oils that spritz into the air. Not how they do it, you say? Smell it first and your mind may change
- It’s 100% vegetarian and cruelty-free. Go Avalon Organics! According to their website, “our products contain no meat or by-products of animal killing. We also exclude all cruelly obtained animal ingredients, even if the animal is not killed. We limit our use of animal products to ingredients that are deposited by and have no future benefit to the animal, such as beeswax.” I can fly with that.
- The bottle is made from 100% recycled material. So when you’ve used every last drop of this liquid gold, rinse the bottle out and reuse it a couple of times (think: homemade hand soap dispenser or house plant watering device). Then chuck it in the ol’ recycling bin and sleep soundly knowing your carbon footprint is quickly shrinking.
- A little goes a long way. I use only half a pump, and the gel lathers like crazy to clean my entire face and part of my neck. You’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
- It’s effective and fast-acting. I’m impatient. I want results. Like… now. Especially when I have to wake up early to cover all my pimples with makeup. As infomercial-y as this may sound, I saw and felt results immediately. Unlike some products that seem to kill your skin before healing it, this cleanser felt gentle and nourishing. I used it the night I bought it and felt that icky top layer of dirty, damaged, oily skin just wash away down the sink. The next morning, I did a little dance when I saw just how much of a difference one use made. The hollows of my cheeks, once dry and flaky, were now supple and soft. Those teeny, tiny yet super hard and tender zits on my chin were reduced down to almost nothing. My impulse to pick and pop– simply no longer there. Oh, happy day!
Moral of the story kiddies: everyone’s skin is different, and what works for me– a combination of birth control and a wonderful cleanser– may not work for you. With that said, if you have normal, dry, or sensitive skin like me, the Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel may work for you! Give it a try and maybe you too will see the amazing results I have. If not, don’t give up on your quest for clean, healthy, happy, blemish-free vegan skin– it’s out there, I promise!
Tagged: acne, Avalon Organics, beauty, facial cleanser, Refreshing Cleansing Gel, Vitamin C Renewal